10 Naturally Powerful Home Remedies For Knee Pain That Work Wonders
I usually hear people saying, “Nothing is working for me. I think I am wearing down.” Yes! It is quite true that our life fades as we age. And, as we age, pains and aches will subsequently become a part of our life. One such severe and familiar pain is knee pain. It is estimated that 19% of population suffers from range of knee conditions.
Nowadays, people are getting better and better in terms of health conscious and with costs of conventional treatments sky-rocketing, people are flocking towards more natural ways of healing. Though there are thousands of medications and therapies that give you significant relief, but it has been discovered that these age-old remedies are incredible effective in curing knee pain from the comfort of your home.
These ten effective home remedies for knee pain listed below offer great relief and comfort and that too in your own lovely home setting. In addition, they need very little work and the good news is, they yield great results.
HOME REMEDIES FOR KNEE PAIN
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is very useful in treating knee pain. It works wonders for knee pain as it has an alkaline effect in it. It helps dissolve harmful toxins and left over minerals in the body which results in relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- All you need is two spoons of apple cider vinegar dissolved in two cups of filtered water. You can have this tonic mixture throughout the day on a daily basis. When you feel you have recovered completely you can stop drinking it.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be applied mixed with olive oil and massaged on the affected knee daily twice or once depending on the severity of the pain.
2. Cayenne Pepper:
Cayenne pepper too has a natural pain-lessening property that contains a substance called capsaicin. Capsaicin helps in giving warmth to the affected area and reduces pain.
- Make a paste by adding 2 table spoon of cayenne pepper in half cup of warm olive oil, apply this mixture daily on the affected knee for a fortnight.
- To reduce the inflammation of knee you can also apply the solution of half teaspoon of cayenne pepper and one cup of apple cider vinegar daily. Apply this by soaking a cloth in this solution on the affected area.
One of the remarkable cures for knee pain discovered till date is cinnamon which has the antioxidant property and helps in relieving knee pain. This is truly one of my best home remedies for knee pain. Cinnamon and honey have a common complementary medicinal property, thus gaining popularity for treating regular medical conditions like knee pain.
- Take on teaspoon of cinnamon and one tablespoon of honey mixed in a cup of hot water. Drink this mixture daily to soothe your knee pain.
For patients with diabetic ailment this medication may be had keeping in consultation with your physician.
4. Epsom Salt
To reduce the inflammation and swelling in the affected area of knee Epsom salt is widely used. Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant because of the presence of magnesium sulfate which works wonderfully to reduce pain. But the remedies discussed below are not advised for patients with heart ailments, hypertension and diabetes.
- To a bucket of hot water add half cup of Epsom salt and soak the knee for atleast 15 minutes. Do this once or twice a week. It certainly reduces the pain in the knee.
5. Flax Seed Oil
Another useful kitchen ingredient that makes out top 10 list of home remedies for knee pain more powerful is flax seed oil, which acts in a powerful way to relieve you from knee pain. These seeds have Omega-3 fatty acids which are good in producing hormones that reduces the inflammatory sensation in the body.
- Obtain flax seed oil from your grocery store and apply it regularly on your affected knee at least twice daily. It not only reduces knee pain but also helps in permanently relieving you from knee arthritis.
No doubt, ginger has several health benefits when used in combination with complimentary household ingredients like honey, cayenne pepper, lemon, etc. But this beautiful spice from your kitchen works perfectly for reducing knee pain. It has many anti-inflammatory compounds that help in reducing swelling and pain.
- Boil a cup of water to which a piece of ginger is added for 10 minutes. Now add honey and lemon juice to this strained ginger tea. Drink this ginger tea daily.
- Massaging the ginger oil once or twice daily on the affected knee can also reduce pain.
Lemon has also been found beneficial as a home remedy for knee pain caused by arthritis. The citric acid found in lemon works as a solvent for uric acid crystals, which is the cause of some types of arthritis.
- Cut one lemon into small pieces.
- Tie the pieces in a cotton cloth and dip the it in warm sesame oil.
- Place the cloth on the affected knee for five to 10 minutes.
- Do this twice daily until the pain is gone completely.
Also, drinking the juice of one lemon diluted in a glass of warm water early in the morning on an empty stomach is also beneficial.
8. Sesame Seeds
Generally people suffering from knee pain are given pain killers like Tylenol and ibuprofen, but they have their own set of side-effects. But a study conducted by a university based in Tehran has found that sesame seeds are highly effective than the medicine Tylenol in treating knee pain.
- Daily consume 4 tablespoons of coarsely ground sesame seeds until you feel the pain is gone. Do not use electric grinders, inspite use mortar and pestle to retain the organic property of the spices.
9. Tart Cherry Juice
Tart cherry juice is yet another effective alkalizing agent that enables the body to recuperate if used in your daily diet. Cherries are a great source of anthocyanins. They have the ability to ease pain from knee osteoarthritis.
- Prepare tart cherry juice by adding 4 oz of cherry juice in a glass of water. Consume it every day till the pain gets relieved.
Turmeric is also one of the best alternative and complementary medicine used for reducing knee pain. This familiar kitchen spice has the ability to beat the best selling pain killer Ibuprofen in reducing inflammation and swelling of knee.
- Taking 500 mg of turmeric capsules thrice a day also helps in reducing pain.
- To a cup of boiling milk add a teaspoon of turmeric and honey each. Have sumptuous milk shake daily.
- Prepare ginger-turmeric tea by adding half teaspoon of ground ginger and half teaspoon of turmeric to a cup of water. Boil this for 10 minutes. For sweetness add a teaspoon of honey. You can have this mixture after straining it twice daily.
Try these natural remedies for knee pain without any side effects. If you are secretly trying an age old method that is working wonders for you, then do tell us and help our readers to get rid of knee pain.
If you like this article, then please help us grow by sharing on social networks. Do leave your opinions in the comment section below and tell us what you think about awesome and powerful list of top 10 home remedies for knee pain!